It has been 8 long years, but finally all eyes are pointed in the direction of the USA. It’s that time again: The Presidential Elections!
The 58th election, has got 4 candidates, Hillary Clinton (Democratic Party), Donald Trump (Republican Party), Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party) and Jill Stein (Green Party). Yes, it’s actually happening Donald J. Trump is running for president. One of these four people will eventually become the new President of the US for at least 4 years (if they don’t get shot to death). But before we get there, you have to vote. The citizens vote on presidential electors, who in turn will vote for the President and Vice-President of choice. Because of the 22nd Amendment, current President Barack Obama cannot be selected again.
Let’s start with Hillary Clinton, she’s the nominee of President for the Democratic Party. Together with running mate Tim Kane, they’re running for the Elections. Hillary’s got a few plans for when she will become the 45th President:
- Boost Economic Growth: Give tax cuts to the middle class and small businesses, and fund more scientific research. Hillary also wants to improve the infrastructure of the US. Clinton also wants to create more jobs for the lower class Americans by raising taxes on the wealthy and investing in education.
- A Fair Tax System: as president Hillary will restore the fairness to the tax code, to ensure the wealthiest Americans do not pay a lower tax rate than middle-class families (try telling Trump this). She also wants to simplify and cut taxes for small businesses so they can invest, hire and grow.
Next up is our big friend Donald Trump, he is the nominee of the Republican Party together with running mate Mike Pence. Trump’s bold statements and speeches make him really stand out this election. Also Donald has some things he wants to achieve:
- Promote Legal Immigration: Trump wants to contain the well-being of the American people. He wants to do this by building an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall (this man is nuts).
- End catch and release: Under Trump, anyone who illegally crosses the border will be detained until they are removed out of the country. This will stop the immigration plans of many refugees, who were hoping on the American Dream.
- Turn off the jobs and benefits magnet: Many immigrants come to the U.S. illegally in search of jobs, even though federal law prohibits the employment of illegal immigrants (Trump’s words, not mine).
The other 2 nominees have more normal plans for the USA: Johnson wants more jobs and a more fair tax system. Stein wants to stop the capitalism and make healthcare affordable. Both these people seem more reasonable, but they onky got 5% of all votes. So they’re a minor threat to both Clinton and Trump.
I think this is one of the most surprising elections, with the “underdogs” on top. But the most dissapointing part is of course Trump. That this man has been given an opportunity to lead such a country is insane. There are so much reasons to not vote for him. Of course Hillary has also done some things in the past, but if it will ever get that far that Donald Trump will become president, i’ll be very dissapointed in the US.
2017: “President Trump can’t do that can he?”
2018: “Which district do you think will win the Hunger Games?”
So please just vote for Hillary, and not that imbecil Trump.